Our Perth divorce lawyers at Davies & Co are highly experienced in all divorce legal matters.

We recognise that divorce and separation is often an upsetting and challenging time and that you might be stressed. That is why we tailor our advice and assistance to the individual circumstances of our divorce clients. Talk to us today on (08) 6478 9400

Divorce Lawyers PerthSome of our divorce clients have an amicable relationship with their spouse on separation and need only minimal involvement from our Perth divorce lawyers. Other clients may require more substantial involvement from our Perth divorce lawyers.

Whatever, your circumstances, you will always receive a personal, understanding, and welcoming approach from our Perth divorce lawyers.

We understand that divorce can be costly, but we are one of the most affordable divorce lawyers in Perth. Our Perth divorce lawyers will work with you to ensure that we save money where we can, without in any compromising the divorce services that we provide to you.

A divorce formally ends a marriage. It does not sort out issues relating to property settlement and maintenance, parenting arrangements, or child support.

The Family Court operates on the principle of no-fault divorce. This means that the Family Court does not consider why your marriage has ended.

To obtain a Divorce Order you need only satisfy the Family Court that you and your spouse have lived separately and apart for at least 12 months and that there is no reasonable likelihood of resuming married life.

In certain circumstances, the Family Court can make a Divorce Order where you are separated but living together in the same home or where there have been short periods of reconciliation.

An application for divorce can be filed at any time after you and your spouse have lived apart for 12 months, but if you have been married for less than 2 years, the divorce application will need to be accompanied by a certificate stating that you and your spouse have considered reconciliation.

Talk to us today on (08) 6478 9400

An application for divorce can be made by you, or by your spouse, or by the two of you jointly.

Prior to making a Divorce Order the Family Court must be satisfied that:

  • There are no children of the marriage under the age of 18; or
  • There are such children, and that proper arrangements have been made for their care, welfare and development; or
  • There are circumstances why the divorce order should be granted even if the Family Court cannot be satisfied that proper arrangements have been made.

A Divorce Order ordinarily takes effect automatically 1 month after the order is made. At that point your marriage formally ends, and you are free to remarry.

Our Perth divorce lawyers can advise you on the most appropriate and cost-effective way to obtain a Divorce Order and represent you when you make or respond to an application for divorce in the Family Court.