Violence Restraining Orders Perth

You can apply for a Violence Restraining Order, to restrain a person with whom you are not in a family relationship, who:

  • Has committed personal violence against you and is likely to commit personal violence against you again or
  • Behaves in a way that makes you believe that personal violence will be committed in the future.

‘Personal violence’, means assault, causing personal injury, kidnapping, deprivation of liberty, stalking, or threatening to do any of these things.

There is no fee for applying to the Magistrates Court for a Violence Restraining Order.

If you have already been attacked or threatened with violence, a criminal offence may also have been committed. You should tell the police and ask for an offence report number.

A Violence Restraining Order remains in force for the period stated in the order, or, if no time is stated, for two years from the date on which it came into force.

Our Perth litigation lawyers will advise you of your legal rights and represent you in the Magistrates Court whether you make or respond to an application for a Violence Restraining Order.

Contact our legal team today for a confidential discussion on any violence restraining matter.