Misconduct Restraining Orders

You can apply for a Misconduct Restraining Order to restrain a person with whom you are not in a family relationship:

  • From behaving in a way that is intimidating or offensive to you or a person for whom you have legal responsibility.
  • Likely to cause damage to your property or
  • From committing a breach of the peace.

An Misconduct Restraining Order remains in force for the period stated in the order, or, if no time is stated, for one year from when it came into force.

An application fee is payable to the Magistrates Court when making an application for a Misconduct Restraining Order.

Misconduct Restraining Orders are not for people where actual violence has occurred or is likely to occur.

Our Perth litigation lawyers will advise you of your legal rights and represent you in the Magistrates Court whether you make or respond to an application for a Misconduct Restraining Order.

Contact our legal team today for a confidential discussion on a Misconduct Restraining Order matter.